Mobility-As-A-Service: Why Self-Driving Cars Could Change Everything
- ARK estimates that autonomous taxis will cost consumers $0.35 cents per mile, or roughly half of the all-in cost car owners pay to drive today.
- Autonomous cars will likely cause a shift away from personally owned vehicles, which will depress global auto sales volumes in the coming decades.
- ARK expects traffic to increase to almost 3X today’s levels by 2030.
- Autonomous taxis should boost US GDP by over $2 trillion by 2035.
- Auto accident rates should decline by 80%.
- The autonomous mobility-as-a-service market should exceed $10 trillion in sales by the early 2030s.
- ARK believes investors may be undervaluing the opportunity of mobility-as-a-service today severely, and that in 5 years autonomous taxi networks could have a market cap of roughly $4 trillion.