The Evolution of The Rocket Industry with Eric Berger
In this episode we are joined by special guest Eric Berger, the senior space editor for Ars Technica, as well as our very own automation, energy, and space analyst at ARK Invest, Sam Korus. Together we deep dive into the space industry, particularly the rocket industry, and discuss a new area of space exploration. We discuss how more affordable access to space will likely be a game changer and how it could open up a whole range of new business opportunities. For instance, why do companies and startups pursue global internet or commercial space travel? For an incredible conversation, be sure to tune in!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Hear more about Eric Berger and how he got into researching the space industry.
- The evolution of the ecosystem to support the small rocket industry.
- Understanding the foundational movement in aerospace called new space.
- The reasons why companies are going after global internet.
- The premise behind the Space X business plan – offering relaunch ability and reusability.
- NASA’s research program on supersonic air travel.
- Why smaller companies are willing to innovate while established players are playing it safe.