Technologies Are Converging
In this week’s episode, we are featuring another segment from our Big Ideas Summit 2022. Click here to view the entire presentation, including the section referenced in this episode. In this segment, Brett Winton, ARK’s Director of Research, discusses how our five innovation platforms of artificial intelligence, robotics, blockchain technology, energy storage, and DNA sequencing are converging, and what impact this convergence might have on how quickly each platform evolves in the future. On today’s episode, you’ll hear the composite forecast of the 14 technologies that ARK focuses on and the aggregate market cap appreciation that ARK anticipates accruing across each. Brett offers his take on the future of Robotaxis, reusable rockets, genomics, public blockchain, and digital wallets, among other things. To hear ARK’s predictions on what will be some of the most economically productivity-generating innovations of all time, tune in today!
Key Points from this Episode
- An introduction to how the innovation platforms of artificial intelligence, robotics, blockchain technology, energy storage, and DNA sequencing are converging.
- Some necessary disclosures and the difference between volatility and risk.
- The composite forecast of the 14 technologies that ARK focuses on and the aggregate market cap appreciation that they anticipate accruing across each.
- Why it may be important to be in front of the wave of innovation from an allocation perspective when it comes to market cap.
- Why Brett believes that these five technology platforms are expected to accrue over $200 trillion in value over ten years and how they derive these values.
- ARK’s visualization of how the asset value accrual will break down.
- How each technology platform fits into this breakdown.
- Why ARK believes that autonomous mobility and Robotaxi are going to be the most economically productivity-generating innovations of all time.
- What ARK foresees in robotics, reusable rockets, and genomics.
- Public blockchain and why ARK sees this as three concurrent revolutions that have all been catalyzed by the introduction of Bitcoin into the world.
- The future of digital wallets.
- What differentiates ARK analysts from other research teams.