Exploring Virtual Worlds with Yonatan Raz-Fridman from Supersocial
The concept of the metaverse has been around for decades, but recent advances in technology and the growing popularity of virtual worlds and online gaming have led to renewed interest in the idea. To help us unpack the nuance of the metaverse is Yonatan Raz-Fridman, the CEO and Founder of Supersocial, a metaverse enterprise building immersive digital experiences. Supersocial aims to pioneer the future of digital interactions, where people can seamlessly merge reality with fantasy and connect in ways that transcend physical boundaries. In our conversation, we unpack the complexity of the metaverse and its potential to shake up traditional commerce. We dive into the behavior shift happening around the metaverse and whether it’ll be adopted by the current or next generation of users. Discover the opportunities Supersocial is creating and how virtual worlds can help businesses achieve brand recognition and create unforgettable branded experiences. We hear how virtual worlds are breaking down barriers within commerce, an example of a brand helping Supersocial innovate in the space, the power of user-generated content, and much more. Tune in to this enlightening episode as we unravel the potential of virtual worlds and the exciting future that lies ahead for individuals and businesses alike.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Background about Yon and why he decided to start Supersocial.
- How Supersocial is different from a traditional gaming studio.
- We discuss the future of virtual worlds and the ways video games will evolve.
- The opportunities for innovation that Unreal Engine 5 provides.
- An overview of the challenges associated with building virtual worlds.
- Yon unpacks the behavior shift regarding the metaverse.
- Whether the metaverse will be adopted by the current or next generation of users.
- Why Minecraft has only been viewed as a video game and not as a platform.
- Find out how virtual worlds can help brand recognition and branded experiences.
- Bringing virtual worlds and traditional commerce together.
- Hear an example of a brand that is leveraging the virtual space.
- Ways customer relationship management is being redefined.
- Discover the possibilities of the metaverse facilitating e-commerce virtually and physically.