A Group Of People Passionate About Tomorrow’s Future
We are a curious and performance driven team who believes that innovation matters, not just to an investor's portfolio but to all of our lives. We strive to understand where the world is heading and what it means for business globally.Job Opportunities
Venture Capital Associate
Who We Are:
ARK is a global investment manager focused solely on investing in disruptive innovation that is changing the way the world works. Majority Owner, Catherine D. Wood, founded ARK in 2014 on the belief that innovation is key to growth. Rooted in over 40 years of experience, ARK aims to identify large-scale investment opportunities in the public and private markets resulting from technological innovations centered around genome sequencing, robotics, artificial intelligence, energy storage, and blockchain technology. We invest in the leaders, enablers, and beneficiaries of disruptive innovation.
ARK manages and sub advises long-only global public equity portfolios across a variety of investment vehicles, including a suite of exchange traded funds (ETFs), mutual funds, and separately managed accounts. Our investments are backed by an open research ecosystem designed to identify innovations with the potential for long-term growth. As of June 30, 2022, ARK’s total assets were approximately $24.7 billion.
ARK is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all employees and strives to maintain an environment free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, or any other protected category or characteristics as defined by federal, state, or local laws. If you want to learn more, visit our “Philosophy” page to understand how ARK differs from traditional investment firms. We also encourage you to meet the ARK team and follow us on Twitter.
*This is a Full-Time position in our St. Petersburg, FL Corporate Office.
What You Will Do:
We expect you to collaborate closely with our research and investment team to identify and help execute investments in support of our private market strategy. Your work will inform our investment decisions, so your success will be our success.
- Screen inbound startup investment opportunities, source deal-flow and keep track of investments from initial screening to post-investment via internal tools and collaboration with various parties.
- Perform initial due diligence on prospective investments and coordinate deal execution with legal, compliance, and other ARK teams.
- Stay abreast of portfolio company progress and update internal models.
- Join conferences, speak with the press, and meet with experts in a variety of fields to discuss the future of innovative technologies and venture capital.
- Engage with relevant communities through Twitter and other online platforms.
Who You Are:
- 1-3 years of experience in venture capital.
- Experienced in screening for growth-stage startups, performing due-diligence, and supporting deal execution.
- An original thinker – you see how things will unfold ahead of the crowd.
- A lifetime learner – you consider learning to be a reward. You enjoy mastering a new field.
- Comfortable with complexity – you absorb complex ideas quickly and separate signal from noise easily.
- Experienced in technology analysis and investing — you enjoy finding great technologies and great investment opportunities.
- Humble – you are interested more in figuring out what’s right than being right.
- High-performance team player – you want to contribute to and build upon ARK’s great team culture.
How to Apply:
The best way for us to get to know you is through examples of your work. Please include a one-page investment thesis highlighting a startup you think could grow into a large, disruptive company.
The successful candidate will perform high-quality research to support our Autonomous Technology and Robotics, Space Exploration, and 3D Printing strategies. You will learn about and conduct original analysis on innovative technologies, while providing coverage of companies in your research area.
The successful candidate will perform high-quality work to support our Next Generation Internet strategies. You will learn about and conduct original analysis on innovative technologies, while supporting and providing coverage of companies in your research area.