A Group Of People Passionate About Tomorrow’s Future
We are a curious and performance driven team who believes that innovation matters, not just to an investor's portfolio but to all of our lives. We strive to understand where the world is heading and what it means for business globally.Job Opportunities
Next Generation Internet Research Associate
Who We Are:
ARK is a global investment manager focused solely on investing in disruptive innovation that is changing the way the world works. Majority Owner, Catherine D. Wood, founded ARK in 2014 on the belief that innovation is key to growth. Rooted in over 40 years of experience, ARK aims to identify large-scale investment opportunities in the public and private markets resulting from technological innovations centered around genome sequencing, robotics, artificial intelligence, energy storage, and blockchain technology. We invest in the leaders, enablers, and beneficiaries of disruptive innovation.
ARK manages and sub advises long-only global public equity portfolios across a variety of investment vehicles, including a suite of exchange traded funds (ETFs), mutual funds, and separately managed accounts. Our investments are backed by an open research ecosystem designed to identify innovations with the potential for long-term growth. As of June 30, 2022, ARK’s total assets were approximately $24.7 billion.
ARK is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all employees and strives to maintain an environment free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, or any other protected category or characteristics as defined by federal, state or local laws. If you want to learn more, visit our “Philosophy” page to understand how ARK differs from traditional investment firms. We also encourage you to meet the ARK team and follow us on Twitter.
What You Will Do:
We expect you to perform high quality work to support our Next Generation Internet strategies. You will learn about and conduct original analysis on innovative technologies, while supporting and providing coverage of companies in your research area. Your work will directly inform our investment decisions, so your success is our success.
- Support ARK’s portfolios by combining top-down thematic research and bottom-up fundamental analysis to identify investment opportunities.
- Work closely with ARK’s Internet team to identify innovative technologies, model the growth rates and sizes of new markets, estimate unit economics, and assess the competitive landscape.
- Research and identify both public and private companies that are the leaders, enablers, and beneficiaries of disruptive innovation, focused on the fields of artificial intelligence (AI) and cloud computing, including enterprise software-as-a-service, infrastructure-as-a-service, and semiconductors.
- Form investment recommendations based on your research to share with ARK’s Analysts, Directors of Research, Chief Futurist, and CEO & CIO.
- Meet experts on your research topics through Twitter, conferences, ARK calls, or other channels and engage with them, learn from them, and share ARK’s published research.
- Actively gather feedback on your work through Twitter and other online platforms.
Who You Are:
- You’re a technological optimist. You believe in the power of technology to create a better future for humanity. You want to play a role in realizing and supporting that future.
- You’re driven by your innate curiosity. You likely found ARK because your interests and ours converged. Because you follow the industry as closely as we do, you’re already quite knowledgeable about one or more of the technologies we cover.
- You enjoy quantitative analysis—collecting data, transforming it, and using it as the backbone of your forecasts. You don’t have to be a finance wizard, just have a willingness to learn on the fly.
- You’re a fabulous storyteller. You combine quantitative analysis, historical analogies, and cultural and user centric considerations to form compelling narratives about how companies and technologies could evolve.
- Your writing would not look out of place on Wired or The Information.
- You’re an independent thinker. You probably diverge from the mainstream, but you aren’t merely contrarian. You are interested only in finding the truth. Your strong conviction is balanced by a healthy dose of humility.
- You’re not just an analyst, you’re a builder. You want to find ways to scale ARK as a company, guide its culture, and push us in new directions we’ve not yet considered.
- You get things done. It doesn’t matter if you need to dive down a rabbit hole to learn a new subject or find an out-of-print book in the corner of the internet, you get excited by the challenge and know how to move the ball forward.
- BONUS: You have decent programming or data science chops. You can use scripting languages and analytics tools to scrape, analyze, visualize, and communicate data.
- If this description doesn’t fit you, but you have something unique to offer, please apply anyway.
How to Apply:
The best way for us to get to know you is through examples of your work. This may be a blog, presentation, podcast, newsletter, or tweetstorm. If you don’t have an example of your work, we’d encourage you to create one. Please also tell us about yourself, why you want to work at ARK, and tell us about a technology that you are interested in and why it is interesting.
The successful candidate will perform high-quality research to support our Autonomous Technology and Robotics, Space Exploration, and 3D Printing strategies. You will learn about and conduct original analysis on innovative technologies, while providing coverage of companies in your research area.
The successful candidate will collaborate closely with our research and investment team to identify and help execute investments in support of our private market strategy. Your work will inform our investment decisions, so your success will be our success.