A Group Of People Passionate About Tomorrow’s Future
We are a curious and performance driven team who believes that innovation matters, not just to an investor's portfolio but to all of our lives. We strive to understand where the world is heading and what it means for business globally.Job Opportunities
Fund Accounting Manager / Assistant Controller
Who We Are:
ARK is a global investment manager focused solely on investing in disruptive innovation that is changing the way the world works. Majority Owner, Catherine D. Wood, founded ARK in 2014 on the belief that innovation is key to growth. Rooted in over 40 years of experience, ARK aims to identify large-scale investment opportunities in the public markets resulting from technological innovations centered around genome sequencing, robotics, artificial intelligence, energy storage, and blockchain technology.
ARK manages and sub advises long-only global public equity portfolios across a variety of investment vehicles, including a suite of exchange traded funds (ETFs), mutual funds, and separately managed accounts. Our investments are backed by an open research ecosystem designed to identify innovations with the potential for long-term growth. As of December 31, 2021, the firm managed approximately $54.7 billion in assets.
ARK is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all employees and strives to maintain an environment free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, or any other protected category or characteristics as defined by federal, state, or local laws. If you want to learn more, visit our “Philosophy” page to understand how ARK differs from traditional investment firms. We also encourage you to meet the ARK team and follow us on twitter.
What You Will Do:
You will be expected to perform high quality work in our Finance Department. You will be the primary liaison for several of ARK’s innovative products, one of which will include the oversight of fair valuation determinations. Also assist with ARK’s subsidiary and corporate financial books and records, customer billing, financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, financial systems integration, audit function and other treasury and tax functions.
- Assist the fund’s Principal Financial Officer by managing ARK’s financial information, statements, books and records in accordance with GAAP to ensure compliance with state and federal law, particularly such regulatory requirements as it relates to ARK’s status as a registered investment adviser with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Assist with both fund and management company accounting, audit, budgeting, forecasting and tax functions
- Maintain monthly customer invoicing, revenue booking in Workday general ledger system
- Maintain and evolve internal controls and vendor due diligence environment
- Assist with internal and external audits functions for funds and the management company
- Assist in supporting tactical and strategic initiatives •
- Primary contact between ARK and Investcloud to maintain the system and data feeds across 50 custodians
- Prepare / assist in producing financial results/reporting for management and the board of directors/trustees
Who You Are:
- You are highly motivated, proactive, collaborative, intelligent, and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors
- You have 7+ years of relevant experience working in Treasury functions, preferably with exposure to the rules of the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, the Investment Company of 1940, FINRA, Hedge Funds and/or Private Funds with particular experience in fair valuation
- You have an undergraduate degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or similar discipline (a CPA designation and audit experience is preferred)
- You have strong technical skills, sharp intellect, and ability to understand and decipher complex finance and business problems
- You are a problem solver capable of implementing and effectively using technology (programming languages, MS Excel, and other business tools)
- You have strong oral and written communication skills and can articulate effectively regarding complex topics
- You are inherently capable of developing internal and external relationships and partnerships
- You enjoy working in a collaborative, transparent and diverse environment
- You believe in innovation and its place in maintaining a productive and sustained business environment
The successful candidate will collaborate closely with our research and investment team to identify and help execute investments in support of our private market strategy. Your work will inform our investment decisions, so your success will be our success.
The successful candidate will work closely with our leadership team; research, lead and execute on the functions of the Human Resources (HR) / Corporate Services function including hiring and interviewing staff, and consultants, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and developing and enforcing company policies and practices.
The successful candidate will perform high-quality work to support our Internet and Fintech strategies. You will learn about and conduct original analysis on innovative technologies, while supporting and providing coverage of companies in your research area.