A Group Of People Passionate About Tomorrow’s Future
We are a curious and performance driven team who believes that innovation matters, not just to an investor's portfolio but to all of our lives. We strive to understand where the world is heading and what it means for business globally.Job Opportunities
Communications and PR Manager
Who We Are:
ARK is a global investment manager focused solely on investing in disruptive innovation that is changing the way the world works. Majority Owner, Catherine D. Wood, founded ARK in 2014 on the belief that innovation is key to growth. Rooted in over 40 years of experience, ARK aims to identify large-scale investment opportunities in the public markets resulting from technological innovations centered around genome sequencing, robotics, artificial intelligence, energy storage, and blockchain technology.
ARK manages and sub advises long-only global public equity portfolios across a variety of investment vehicles, including a suite of exchange traded funds (ETFs), mutual funds, and separately managed accounts. Our investments are backed by an open research ecosystem designed to identify innovations with the potential for long-term growth. As of December 31, 2021, the firm managed approximately $54.7 billion in assets.
ARK is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all employees and strives to maintain an environment free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, or any other protected category or characteristics as defined by federal, state, or local laws. If you want to learn more, visit our “Philosophy” page to understand how ARK differs from traditional investment firms. We also encourage you to meet the ARK team and follow us on twitter.
What You Will Do:
We are seeking a creative and collaborative team member with a background in finance and a passion for technology to join ARK Marketing as a Communications and PR Manager. In this position, you will create and implement strategic communications campaigns, including email, social, and online media, as well as oversee ARK’s media relations together with our PR firm, Dukas Linden Public Relations. This is your opportunity to support, guide, and manage ARK’s content-driven communication strategy, helping us educate investors about ARK, our product and service offerings, and our research on disruptive innovation!
- Manage the publication of external communications, including blogs, white papers, newsletters, webinars, videos, and website content
- Develop creative marketing campaigns that drive brand awareness
- Work across departments to source content ideas and gain approval for published content
- Collaborate with and oversee ARK’s PR firm to secure strategic media appearances for ARK’s research and investment team
- Maintain an editorial calendar of all ARK published content and media appearances
- Coordinate with ARK’s compliance team to enforce regulatory requirements and standards
- Assist with administrative projects including media coverage monitoring, tracking, analysis, and reporting as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Who You Are:
- You are creative, motivated, and enjoy thinking outside the box
- You enjoy working as part of a collaborative and high-performance team
- You have 3+ years of relevant experience working in communications and/or public relations for financial services, preferably with exposure to the rules of the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, the Investment Company of 1940, FINRA, Hedge Funds and/or Private Funds
- You have a BA or BS in Marketing, Public Relations, or related field of study (Journalism, Communications, English)
- You have strong editing and proofreading skills
- You have strong oral and written communication skills and can articulate complex topics effectively
- You have advanced experience with design software (i.e. Adobe Creative Suite)
- You have knowledge of digital marketing tools and relevant techniques (i.e. HubSpot)
- You have experience with SEO/SEM campaigns
- You have a proficient use of computer programs٫ including MS Word, Excel٫ web analytics, and Google Ads
- You are inherently capable of developing internal and external relationships and partnerships
- You enjoy working in a collaborative, transparent and diverse environment
- You believe in innovation and its place in maintaining a productive and sustained business environment
The successful candidate will collaborate closely with our research and investment team to identify and help execute investments in support of our private market strategy. Your work will inform our investment decisions, so your success will be our success.
The successful candidate will work closely with our leadership team; research, lead and execute on the functions of the Human Resources (HR) / Corporate Services function including hiring and interviewing staff, and consultants, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and developing and enforcing company policies and practices.
The successful candidate will be the primary liaison for several of ARK’s innovative products, one of which will include the oversight of fair valuation determinations. The candidate will also assist with ARK’s subsidiary and corporate financial books and records, customer billing, financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, financial systems integration, audit function and other treasury and tax functions.
The successful candidate will perform high-quality work to support our Internet and Fintech strategies. You will learn about and conduct original analysis on innovative technologies, while supporting and providing coverage of companies in your research area.