A Group Of People Passionate About Tomorrow’s Future
We are a curious and performance driven team who believes that innovation matters, not just to an investor's portfolio but to all of our lives. We strive to understand where the world is heading and what it means for business globally.Job Opportunities
Internet / Fintech Associate
Who We Are:
ARK is a global investment manager focused solely on investing in disruptive innovation that is changing the way the world works. Majority owner, Catherine D. Wood, founded ARK in 2014 on the belief that innovation is key to growth. Rooted in over 40 years of experience, ARK aims to identify large-scale investment opportunities in the public and private markets resulting from technological innovations centered around genome sequencing, robotics, artificial intelligence, energy storage, and blockchain technology. We invest in the leaders, enablers, and beneficiaries of disruptive innovation.
ARK manages and sub advises long-only global public equity portfolios across a variety of investment vehicles, including a suite of exchange traded funds (ETFs), mutual funds, and separately managed accounts. Our investments are backed by an open research ecosystem designed to identify innovations with the potential for long-term growth. As of December 31, 2021, ARK’s total assets were over $50 billion.
ARK is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all employees and strives to maintain an environment free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, or any other protected category or characteristics as defined by federal, state or local laws. If you want to learn more, please visit our “Philosophy” page to understand how ARK differs from traditional investment firms. We also encourage you to meet the ARK team and follow us on Twitter.
What You Will Do:
We expect you to perform high quality work to support our Internet and Fintech strategies. You will learn about and conduct original analysis on innovative technologies, while supporting and providing coverage of companies in your research area. Your work will directly inform our investment decisions, so your success is our success.
- Support ARK’s portfolios by combining top-down thematic research and bottom-up fundamental analysis to identify investment opportunities
- Work closely with ARK’s Fintech and Internet Analysts to identify innovative technologies, model the growth rates and sizes of new markets, estimate unit economics, and assess the competitive landscape
- Research and identify both public and private companies that are the leaders, enablers, and beneficiaries of disruptive innovation, focused on the field of fintech (focused digital wallets, payments and other financial technology) and internet (focused on cloud computing)
- Form investment recommendations based on your research to share with ARK’s Analysts, Director of Research, Brett Winton, and ARK’s CEO & CIO, Catherine Wood
- Meet experts on your research topics through Twitter, conferences, ARK calls, or other channels and engage with them, learn from them, and share ARK’s published research
- Actively gather feedback on your work through Twitter and other online platforms
The successful candidate will collaborate closely with our research and investment team to identify and help execute investments in support of our private market strategy. Your work will inform our investment decisions, so your success will be our success.
The successful candidate will work closely with our leadership team; research, lead and execute on the functions of the Human Resources (HR) / Corporate Services function including hiring and interviewing staff, and consultants, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and developing and enforcing company policies and practices.
The successful candidate will be the primary liaison for several of ARK’s innovative products, one of which will include the oversight of fair valuation determinations. The candidate will also assist with ARK’s subsidiary and corporate financial books and records, customer billing, financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, financial systems integration, audit function and other treasury and tax functions.